Saturday, July 17, 2010

Finding Our Butterfly ♥

I was up north this summer relaxing on the lake, enjoying the sunshine, and the slight wind through my curls. As I was walking under a tree, I noticed a caterpillar struggling to form its cocoon. I watched as it swung back and forth, spinning in circles and realized it was too small and not strong enough.



When I realized that, I realized something else. That caterpillar is just like me. Sometimes I'm too small and not strong enough. Whenever I have a dream to do something, there are other times when I say "I can't" or "I'm not good enough". And I thought to myself that maybe, just maybe, if that caterpillar makes it cocoon, I can accomplish something. I can smile and do something amazing.




So, I kept staring at the caterpillar swinging. And I looked a little closer, noticing a small, thin casing around it. And I realized it was one step closer to a cocoon. It had faith in itself that it could do something. And I think we all should.




We Will All Find Our Butterfly ♥

1 comment:

  1. Lovely words darling and I am totally agreeing with you. =)

    xo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your thoughts, every single comment makes my day!
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ReynasBlogxo <<Contact me directly here!
Instagram: @ReynasBlogxo